If you took one look at the models in the Fashion Quarterly x Newmarket show yesterday at NZ Fashion Weekend and coveted that lush red lip, you are not alone.
We are pretty obsessed ourselves, so asked the artist responsible for the look – Caitlin Lomas for M.A.C Cosmetics – to give us a rundown of how to achieve the look at home.
Here is it in 7 easy steps:
1. Achieve hydrated and smooth skin prior to applying foundation with M.A.C Lightful Softening Lotion (1) and M.A.C Prep + Prime Essential Oils (2) massaged into the skin.
2. For creamy perfected skin, apply M.A.C Face and Body Foundation (3) and conceal where needed before using M.A.C Cream Colour Bases in Bronze for a natural bronze flush and Pearl for fresh defined skin.
3. Fill in brows using M.A.C Eye Shadows customised to match your brow colour and finish with M.A.C Brow Set in Clear (4) for a full brow.
4. Apply M.A.C Retro Matte Lipstick (5) in Fashion Legacy for the ultimate matte orange based red lip and top with M.A.C Neo Orange Pigment (6) to intensify both colour and texture.
5. Use a blend of M.A.C Reflects Pearl with M.A.C Lip Conditioner on the eye to create a “wet look” for the runway.
6. If recreating this at home, I recommend using the M.A.C Studio Eye Gloss (7) in Pearl Varnish for a longer wearing comfortable gloss finish.
7. Finish the look by curling lashes with M.A.C Half Lash Curler (8) and M.A.C Instacurl Lash Mascara (9) for dramatic and long lasting curled lashes.
All M.A.C products can be found at the M.A.C counter at Newmarket Smith & Caughey’s on Broadway.