Four days filled with fashion? Count us in!
4 Days of Fashion in the City is back for the seventh year in a row and we couldn’t be more excited. Spanning 21-24 March, the event sees a range of fashion-filled experiences scattered throughout central Auckland.
Applauding local designers and fashion brands, precincts including High Street, Queen Street and Britomart will all play host to a range of events catering to any type of interest. And if you’re a true fashion enthusiast like us, why not visit them all?
Scroll below to see the key events at this year’s 4 Days of Fashion in the City:
If you want to be entertained:
- Designer Ingrid Starnes will be hosting a live fashion show on 23 March on O’Connell Street. Enjoy checking out outfits from her latest collection – Harmonies NO.18 AW18 – as the models stroll down the runway.
- The fashionable Chelsea Jade and Racing will be serenading live music on Fort Street on 24 March from 1-2.30pm.
- Enjoy Polaroids, champagne and floral arrangements at Gorman High Street on 23 March from 5-9pm. The Australian label aims to let shoppers create fashionable memories by posing for a Polaroid with friends amongst key Gorman prints this season.
- Artist Lizzie Snow (also known as fortyonehundred) will be at Pat Menzies Queen Street on 24 March from 1-4pm, creating an original piece of art in front of your very eyes. Purchase any Converse on the day and you’ll also receive the chance to have Lizzie decorate the sneaker.
If you’re all about the bargains:
- Don’t miss out on the Designer Garage Sale operating in Freyberg Place on 23 March from 11am to 9pm and 24 March from 10am to 4pm. This sale features a range of the best local designers, and goods are bound to sell fast so get in quick.
- Shoe retailer Platypus is hosting DJs and Best Ugly Bagels in its Queen Street store on 23 and 24 March from 5-9pm. And as an added bonus, there will be in-store discounts and mystery box deals so who knows what kind of purchase you’ll walk away with…
If you like to enjoy treats while perusing the latest in fashion:
- Enjoy champagne and canapés while you shop the Mi Piaci autumn collection in their High Street store on 23 March from 5-9 pm. Purchases over $350 will also receive a hand-tied carrier bouquet from Blush Flowers.
- Join the Moochi styling team at their High Street store on 23 March from 3-7pm and discover ways to wear the brand’s latest looks while savouring a range of drinks and platters.
- Sip on cocktails, be transported and view the latest collection on 23 March from 5-9pm at RUBY’s High Street store.
- A complimentary monogrammed eyewear case, sweet treats, photo booth and styling advice from blogger Rachel Winter are all on offer at the Sunglass Hut High Street store on 23 March from 5-9pm.
If you want to be pampered:
- Treat yourself to a manicure from Stirling Sports Queen Street on 24 March from 10am to 2pm. A live DJ will also be on site and you’ll receive a gift with any purchase of Adidas womenswear.
- If you’ve worked up an appetite, stop by Skechers on 24 March from 10am to 2pm and enjoy a Yeah Bowl Poke, Supreme Coffee and juice alongside a ‘spend and save’ offer on their sneakers.
If you enjoy tutorials and discussions:
- Aesop High Street will be hosting a discussion on nurturing rituals on 23 March. Visit the store from 5-9pm to hear the company’s training manager talk about the belief the elevating morning and evening rituals is important for your wellbeing.
- Receive a complimentary Bobbi Brown makeup tutorial at Storm High Street from 4-9pm on 23 March. And while you’re there make sure you shop the brand’s autumn wardrobe, enjoy Mionetto Prosecco, a selection of platters and a small gift to take away.
- World’s Dame Denise L’Estrange Corbet is hosting an event on 21 March at World Britomart. She’ll discuss the hilarity around the ageing process all while champagne and canapés are being served. Spaces are limited so to express interest in the event by email to [email protected].
If you like fashion exhibitions:
- Visit A Certain Style: Bruce Papas , a NZ Fashion Museum exhibition at Level 6, Smith & Caughey’s from 19 March to 1 April. This exhibition spans across Papas’ 40 plus years working in the fashion industry and includes a broad collection of his sketches and garments.
- Undergraduate winners of the Resene Colour of Fashion Competition unite to bring you the Resene NZ Fashion Tech Colour of Fashion Exhibition. Located at Ellen Melville Centre, Freyberg Place from 21- 24 March.
- If diamonds really are your best friend, head along to Walker & Hall on 24 March between 10am and 2pm. Enjoy canapés and champagne while you enjoy a showcase of vintage jewellery and learn the story behind each piece. Even better, bring your own treasured pieces for appraisal by a gemologist and jewellery expert who will be on site.
- Live fashion installations and interactive art are the themes of Zambesi Britomart’s late night shopping event on 22 March. From 5-8pm you’ll also enjoy complimentary refreshments alongside Zambesi designers Elisabeth Findlay and Dayne Johnston.
For further information on these events visit heartofthecity.co.nz.