Hi! I’m Laura Rozana Hadlow, a 20 year old fashion blogger and stylist currently living in Auckland, NZ. If you follow my blog, you’ll know I’m passionate about all things fashion and beauty, and often feature my favourite selection of seasonal trends on the blog and on my Instagram, as well as my most coveted beauty products and travel adventures!
My typical day consists of waking up and going for a walk with my mum and my dog, Baby Coco – she is the cutest Yorkshire terrier (I’m only slightly bias)! We usually grab a coffee along the way and pick up flowers from Carole’s Flower Truck at the bottom of Shore Road, Remuera.
After that, I either head into AUT University where I’m studying communications and business, or I go to work at my part-time job at Sass and Bide in Britomart. I spend most evenings with my boyfriend, Will, and you’re most likely to find us eating Motto Sushi in Parnell or at the movies!
When Miss FQ asked me what I keep in my handbag, I had to have a think! As you’ll know, it’s really easy to end up with a handbag filled with unnecessary ‘stuff’, but there are definitely a few staple items that I can’t go without…
- My personalized bucket bag by The Daily Edited. It has plenty of room to carry everything I need, and even matches my phone case (also from The Daily Edited).
- A drink bottle. I never leave the house without a drink bottle, as staying hydrated is the key to glowing skin and maintaining mental focus, particularly when I’m studying. When I don’t feel like water, my go-to is OVI Hydration’s new watermelon flavour! It’s delish for a little pick me up throughout the day – and it is free from any ‘baddatives’ meaning it has no artificial colour, sweeteners, preservatives or flavours.
- A pen. Given we can write notes on our phones, we don’t need to physically write as much as we used to. However, it’s valuable to be able to grab a pen and jot down a thought, note or number on a napkin or business car, at a moment’s notice.
- Hand cream. At the moment I am using ‘Montego Bay’ by Glass House. Made with coconut, lime and vanilla, it smells like a tropical cocktail and brings back memories of holidays at the beach.
- Sunglasses. My current favourite are a rose-pink Karen Walker pair, from her ‘Transformers’ range.
- An eyelash brush. I get lash-extensions from The Blink Studio in New Market, and with every session you get these little brushes that are seriously the best for fixing up your brows and lashes when you are out and about! I also like to have a hairbrush, too.
- A small bottle of perfume. I find a spritz of fresh perfume can lift and transform your mood as much as a cup of coffee, particularly in the afternoon when you’re feeling a little worn out. At the moment I’m using Flower Bomb by Viktor and Rolf.
- A book. I’m currently flicking through ‘It’s Not How Good You Are, It’s How Good You Want to Be‘ by Paul Arden, who was once the Executive Creative Director at Saatchi & Saatchi in the UK (dreaaam!). Fave quote from the book: “Your vision of where or who you want to be is the greatest asset you have. Without having a goal, it’s difficult to score.”
- I always have lipstick or a gloss! At the moment I’m using L’Oréal’s Sexy Balm in the shade ‘Never Stop’. It is an electric pink but is still natural on the lips, which I love!
This article was brought to you by OVI Hydration. OVI is the simple addition to your daily routine that makes staying hydrated easy, natural and tasty.